White Rabbit Press
Japanese Kanji Flashcards, Series 2 Volume 1
The New Series of White Rabbit Press' top-selling Japanese Kanji Flashcards, Volume 1*
The complete set of beginner level kanji
We've gathered all the essential information needed to master kanji into a convenient flashcard format that makes learning and drilling as efficient as possible. Preferred by thousands of students, in over 80 countries, White Rabbit Press is the recognized world leader in Japanese kanji flashcards.
About Japanese Kanji Flashcards, Volume 1:
- Each card includes 6 vocab words/phrases including commonly used kanji compounds
- 300 beginner-level kanji suitable for people who are studying for JLPT level N4 or N5.*
- Includes each character's on and kun readings
- Easy and fun to use - perfect for study and drilling
- Japanese all in kana and kanji (no romaji), with clear definitions in English
- Stroke-by-stroke diagrams show you how to write each kanji
- Our look - alike kanji feature helps you look out for confusingly similar kanji
White Rabbit Press flashcards include more vocabulary than other publishers' cards because the essence of a kanji is best grasped by understanding the meanings it forms when combined with other characters.
We only use kana scripts--not romaji--to show kanji readings, and we provide clear and precise definitions in English, so you'll spend less time reaching for a dictionary and more time learning kanji.
For more information, please click here.
Quality Construction: Cards are varnished with rounded corners for durablilty. Includes a complete index. Boxed with plastic tray and shrink-wrapped.
Flashcard Extras (free shipping when ordered with flashcards):
Take care of your flashcards with our convenient carrying case. The cases - which come in translucent blue and pink, hold 60 cards each, and are the best way to transport or store your cards
And check out our colorful flashcard dividers - a great study aid and also the best way to organize your flashcards. Using the Leitner method (detailed here ) you can use these cards to study effectively and brush up on your weak points. [Add them to your order below]
We have revised our Kanji Flashcards series due to changes with the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT). We are calling this revised product family "Japanese Kanji Flashcards SERIES 2" and it includes:
- Japanese Kanji Flashcards, Series 2, Volume 1: 300 Beginner-Level Kanji Cards (this product)
- Japanese Kanji Flashcards, Series 2, Volume 2: 750 Intermediate-Level Kanji Cards
- Japanese Kanji Flashcards, Series 2, Volume 3: 895 Advanced-Level Kanji Cards
In creating these new volumes, we have re-distributed some kanji between the original sets, and also changed the sequence numbers within sets. As a result, if you purchase the NEW SERIES 2 Volume 1 set (this product) and purchased the original Series 1 Volume 2 set, you will end up with 16 duplicate cards.
*PLEASE NOTE: The official lists of kanji for the new JLPT levels N1 ~ N5 will not be made public, however, as these are the 300 basic kanji they provide preparation for the NEW JLPT Levels N4 and N5.
"White Rabbit Press's kanji flashcards are a step ahead. Above and beyond the standard content, you get six example words rather then the usual four, full definitions, and a look-alike box that alerts you to similar characters all too likely to show up in trick questions in exams. As with all the best educational materials, it's clear here that an enormous amount of work has gone into making the learning process as easy and convenient as possible for the student."
Giles Murray, author of Exploring Japanese Literature